Thursday, March 10, 2011

Jessie J - Price Tag ft. B.o.B.





~JESSIE J~

Jessica Ellen Cornish (born 27 March 1988), better known by her stage name Jessie J, is a British singer and songwriter. She signed a record deal with Island Records and began recording her first debut album, Who You Are.
She first saw fame when she began writing tracks for Justin TimberlakeAlicia KeysChristina Aguilera and Miley Cyrus. The most successful track she co-wrote is "Party in the U.S.A.", which gained Platinum certification in many countries. On January 7 2011 Jessie J came top of the BBC's Sound of 2011 list. She followed this in February by picking up for a Critic's Choice.
She released her first single, "Do It Like a Dude" which missed the top-spot by Bruno Mars. Jessie released her follow-up single, "Price Tag" which went straight to number-one on the UK Singles Chart. It remained at number-one for two exclusive weeks. Her debut album was released on 25 February 2011 and charted a number-two on the UK Albums Chart.
~EARLY LIFE~
Jessie J was born Jessica Ellen Cornish in RedbridgeLondon. She attended Colins Performing Arts. She was cast as an eleven year old in Andrew Lloyd Webber's West End production of Whistle Down the Wind. Educated at Mayfield High School in the London Borough of Redbridge. Cornish revealed she had two sisters which are five and seven years older than her Her two sisters were both head girls at school. Unlike her academic sisters, Cornish was stated she was "never really that good at anything". She said "At school they were like 'oh, you're a Cornish girl' and they kind of expected me to be the same as my sisters. Give me something to draw or an outfit to pick for someone, or hair, make-up, acting, write a song, I'm fine with it, but anything to do with sums – it was never my thing." She also said she never based her intelligence on her exam results. She also said she was always good at singing and it was her "thing", however she got banished from the school choir, for being too loud. She stated "I was in it for a day and some of the adults were moaning that their kids were upset that I was too good. I was 11. Can you imagine? I was heartbroken."
At age 16 she began studying at the BRIT School, and joined a girl group at the age of 17, titled "Soul Deep". Jessie J has an irregular heartbeat since the age of 11, and also suffered a minor stroke at the age of 18. As a result, she doesn't drink alcohol or smoke. Jessie said: "At 11 I was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat," she said. "I had wires put in my shoulder, groin and heart to try and zap it to a normal rhythm, but it didn't really work. Then, at 18, I suffered a minor stroke. It was scary, but I'm fine now. Having bad health has made me realise I can't take anything for granted and I must look after my body." Because of this, in early 2011 she suffered from a panic attack on stage after she was forced to perform in the dark. ""I did a gig recently and had a panic attack on stage," she told Now Magazine. "The night was called 'Black Out' and I had to perform in the dark. I asked them to turn on the lights and they didn't. I was onstage in pitch black and, because I couldn't see anything, I started to panic. It was awful."
~CAREER~
She was signed to Gut Records, recording an album for the label, but the company went bankrupt before releasing material. Jessie J then found success as a songwriter, gaining a Sony ATV publishing contract.She was also the supporting singer for Cyndi Lauper during Lauper's UK dates of her 2008 Bring Ya To The Brink tour. Jessie began her career when she started to pen lyrics for the artists such as,Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera and Miley Cyrus.[citation needed] The biggest single she co-wrote was the Miley Cyrus song "Party in the U.S.A.".
Jessie J began to record her album 6 years ago. She stated that the album was completed on 19th January 2011.In late 2010, Jessie J released her first single, "Do It Like a Dude". The single gained positive reception from critics. The single charted at number-two on the UK Singles Charts, being held off the top-spot by Bruno Mars with "Grenade" Her follow-up single "Price Tag" was released in late January 2010, the single went straight to the top of the charts charting a number-one, it remained at number-one for two exclusive weeks, however was knocked off the top spot by school friend, Adele with "Someone Like You". "Price Tag" was releaed in the United States on the 1st February 2011. The single has since charted at eighty-eight on the Billboard Hot 100. The single has since charted at number-one in ScotlandNew Zealand and Ireland.
On 25 February 2011, she released her first debut album, Who You Are. Due to high demand and interest from fans for the album, the release date was pushed ahead by an entire month, from its original 28 March 2011 release date. On 6 March 2011, it was announced that the album had charted at number-two on the UK Album Charts being held off the top-spot by Adele.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

your thoughts gonna make my day :)
oh, and i do follow back, feel free to ask me. thank you.

 

Template by Suck my Lolly